Pregnancy After a Loss
After the loss of your child you will at some point start thinking about trying again.
There are several medical questions that you will want to discuss with one or more specialists:
- Do they know what happened?
- Do they know why it happened?
- What is the probability of history repeating itself?
- How can this be prevented?
There is also the psychological issue:
- Are you ready to try again?
- Are you prepared for a stressful pregnancy?
- How can you prepare in order to reduce your stress-factor?
- How can you mitigate stressful circumstances?
- What should you avoid?
- What should you be looking for?
- Are you capable of surviving another loss? (even if you don’t want to think about it, you might want to consider the effects on you and your family of another devastating loss)
Please find here some resources:
Staying Positive when you’re Pregnant again after a Loss
Read more within the “Trying Again” Menu:
Trying Again Welcoming a Perfectly Healthy Rainbow Baby
When your subsequent pregnancy didn’t go as you had wished
Read more within the “(Not) Trying Again?” Menu:
(Not) Trying Again? Trying Again Not Trying Again
Read more in the other Menus:
Practicalities Support Which Trimester?
Was it your Firstborn? (Not) Trying Again?
Read more within the “Home” Menu:
Home About Contact